AGL Rally SA – Rally of the Heartland
About the event:
Australia’s newest event for Classic Cars
A Round of the MRF South Australian Rally Championship
We are delighted to announce that the Rally of the Heartland will return in 2020 – with naming rights sponsor, AGL Energy continuing as naming rights sponsors, and featuring multiple windfarm stages, including new sections. These are exciting, challenging and very technical stages that provide un-paralleled competition, and are unique in Australia.
It will again be a competitive event of over 450 kilometres based in the Hallett/Burra/Terowie area, and one that is quite a bit “different” to what has gone before.
It is planned for the 16th and 17th of May 2020, and the competition will run on the Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday, self-contained within the weekend to minimise time away from home.
The Event will be open to Classic Rally Cars (C1-C4) and will include categories for Intro, All comers, Clubman, a Cross-Country element and a regularity category.
Only a Classic entry that does the whole route can win outright.
The Cross-Country element will be a special stage rally for vehicles which comply with the requirements of the CAMS Off Road Production 4WD category and/or the Cross Country Technical Regulations for Class AO, A1, A2 and A6. Group A5 cars may be accepted at the organiser’s discretion.
- Naming rights sponsor is AGL Energy.
- Longest wind farm stage NEW is almost 38 km.
- Long night stage, 80km, in full darkness, classic field only
- Service Park is in Burra at Paxton Square, also the preferred accommodation provider.
- No local testing, no recce. This is a “blind” event. It is a road book only rally.
- Regional Scrutiny for non SA based entrants is allowed/encouraged across the board, spot checks during the event
- RallySafe is mandatory for all cars
- Six MIVs will be in attendance, covering all stages accordingly
- Tyres are not mandated, unless required by the SARC – tba
- parc fermé for the SARC competitors only
- Entries limited to 60 – a starting spot can be reserved by a payment of $200 inc tax, which would be deducted from the entry fee
There is a wide range of accommodation available in the region including Paxton Square cottages (step out of your room into your service area!), Paxton Square Caravan Park, Hotel accommodation in Burra as well as lots of wonderful guest houses in the area. There is also free camping available at the Burra Showgrounds. For further details, refer www.bookburra.com.au
HINT:- book early, the region is filling up already
Ivar Stanelis / Clerk of the Course
AGL Rally SA – Rally of the Heartland – 16/17 May 2020 tbc
Australia’s newest Event for Classic Cars
A Round of the South Australian Rally Championship